login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Jersey Mike's Subs  (Read 15882 times)

Description:

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Jersey Mike's Subs
« on: June 15, 2012, 02:08:55 PM »
So one opened up near us in the past year and I hadn't gotten over there to check it out.  So the other day I saw one of the owners at swim team practice and asked if their bread had sesame seeds on it...it was a NO!  So that was good news, then I went on the website to see if they had an allergen list. 

http://www.jerseymikes.com/menu/food-allergy.php

They do have cookies (some PB and some with nuts), but our particular store only has PB, choc chip and sugar (we are not PA).  Since they have other cookies with nuts, I am assuming dough would be cross contaminated so I told DS no cookies, but they offer chips, pretzels, etc.

It was a very clean store, they slice the meat and cheese for each sandwich in front of you, the topping choices were very kept neat and not messy (think subway) and the cookies were individually wrapped in saran wrap.  The cookies are baked there...I did not inquire of they were made on the same trays.

It was nice to find a place to take DS out to lunch on occasion.

Offline joshsmom

Re: Jersey Mike's Subs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
Thank you for posting this information! I just called the store near our new home and they have no peanut butter cookies or nut cookies. They decided to go nut free b/c there are so many allergies. So thank you! My son is very happy to have a place to go and grab a sub for lunch!

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »
I think I may have just jumped for joy.  I saw the "in a tub" was gluten free - then saw it was listed as a menu item that would be safe for DS1.  Yay!

Thank you for posting this, I have discounted them and Subway for years but truly missed a sandwhich place.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:52:57 AM »
Do they make all their bread?  Do we know there is no XC with sesame?
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:35:25 PM »
The get the bread dough in then they form it and bake it. There is a allergen spreadsheet on www.jerseymikes.com