How do you carry the epipen in a water park?

Started by Irene, June 30, 2012, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irene

I still haven't found a completely waterproof way to keep the epipen with me while riding water slides, etc.  Any recommendations for a waterproof case that can carry at least one epipen and not so big that it will not be allowed to remain on me? 
Thanks!

CMdeux

I know that we've had threads about this over the years-- have you used the search feature at the Archive site?

I was hoping that someone would offer you a fresh word or two on the subject, but apparently there are a few neoprene carriers that work pretty well, and there are 'floating' dry-bags intended for boating and other water-sports that can be used. 

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

GoingNuts

I really like the floating wet bags.  You can get them in most decent sporting goods stores.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

rebekahc

Yes, I would suggest sporting goods stores or SCUBA shops for waterproof bags.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Irene

We just came back from our vacation and I want to share what worked:  double bagging an epipen in a quart-sized Ziploc bag and then putting it into an Epi-mate carrier (from FAAN).  I had it around my waist at all times while we were in the water park and it stayed dry even through multiple brief (5-10 minute) submersions. 
Hope this info helps others!

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

CookieMomster

My son uses this carrier for water sports:

http://www.amazon.com/LOKSAK-Splashsak-Dipper-FP/dp/B000BQU3JQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

It comes with two waterproof bags, so we usually double bag his Epi-Pens inside.

He has worn it while canoeing, swimming, snorkeling, and it is really great for waterparks! He as worn it in wave pools, lazy rivers, and on water slides. It has been to Boy Scout camp and in the ocean. No leaks, and the nylon bag dries quickly!
DS (16) - NKA
DS (12) - milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, cherries, and watermelon.  (Outgrew corn, wheat, soy, peas, and green beans.)
Environmental allergies to mold, trees and grasses. 
OAS to almost all fresh fruit and vegetables except citrus and grapes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview