FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Safe uncooked chocolate chip cookie dough?  (Read 3474 times)

Description:

Offline YouKnowWho

Safe uncooked chocolate chip cookie dough?
« on: July 04, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
I am looking for pre-made dough (specifically chocolate chip cookie dough) for my peanut allergic child.  Unfortunately all of the brands I saw have a nut warning.

Any brands that you know of?

(I cannot make them from scratch or box mix due to other child being inhalent reactive to wheat). 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Linden

Re: Safe uncooked chocolate chip cookie dough?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »
Maybe the Betty Crocker Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix?  I know it's not a pre-made dough, but the only top-8 in the mix is soy.  And the mix is made in a gluten free facility.

I made them once using Ener-g egg replacer and Crisco buttery sticks (not sure whether the Crisco is GF). I was pleasantly surprised.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/gluten-free-baking-mixes/products/gluten-free-chocolate-chip-cookie-mix

DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

Offline nameless

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »
if you are doing raw cookie dough to stay raw --- then you don't even need the egg replacer - just mix up with everything but the egg :)  It'll keep better in the fridge and for other purposes where you really don't want to have raw egg around to be eaten (even the refrigerated doughs have egg and shouldn't be eaten raw)

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »
I have a gluten free cookie for DS1 that he enjoys.

However DS2 was upset that he couldn't have homemade chocolate chip cookies (he likes a lot of gf but he has had homemade with gluten chocolate chip cookies and prefers the kind with gluten). 

Was just looking for a tube of refrigerated safe cookie dough so that I could make some for DS2.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:08:47 AM »
Last I knew the Pillsbury tube of Choc.  chip was wheat, milk soy.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3