login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Wendy's ice cream products other than frosties?  (Read 2803 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Wendy's ice cream products other than frosties?
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
for PA and TNA only. Do you trust them? From what I can see on their website, Oreo is the only mix-in now.

http://www.wendys.com/food/Frosty.jsp
http://www.wendys.com/food/pdf/us/nutrition.pdf

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Wendy's ice cream products other than frosties?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »
I don't think we've ever even looked into anything besides the Frosty.  It's so perfect - why mess with it?  ;)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Jessica

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
I like frosties but they are hard to consume while driving. I prefer a regular shake but don't always want to go to another place to get one.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »
We do Frosty's all the time.  The mix-in's were never a concern for us because they hand you a little packet with the mixins to do yourself (as opposed to McD's who mixed in for you).

I believe BK has several safe options as well (or the last time we looked they did).  I go ever so often to get a caramel sundae because we apparently live in the only state that doesn't offer caramel as an option at McD's.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:43:44 PM »
I like frosties but they are hard to consume while driving. I prefer a regular shake but don't always want to go to another place to get one.
I like to let them warm up and sip them through a straw,LOL.  It's been awhile since I indulged my Frosty fetish.  Now that we're talking about them, I might have to give in and get one!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 07:15:24 PM »
I like to let them warm up and sip them through a straw,LOL.  It's been awhile since I indulged my Frosty fetish.  Now that we're talking about them, I might have to give in and get one!
I do the same. But they always melt more around the edges first while the middle is still pretty thick and then I have to manipulate my straw and I hate doing all that while driving. :D

We do Frosty's all the time.  The mix-in's were never a concern for us because they hand you a little packet with the mixins to do yourself (as opposed to McD's who mixed in for you).

I believe BK has several safe options as well (or the last time we looked they did).  I go ever so often to get a caramel sundae because we apparently live in the only state that doesn't offer caramel as an option at McD's.

Do you trust BK ice creams (other than the shakes) for your pa/tna child? If so are there any you avoid? I think the one here only has m&ms that are clearly unsafe but I don't think they mix them in-just sprinkle them on top.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 07:56:44 AM »
We do allow the kids to have ice cream from BK - my gluten/egg allergic child is a plain jane, his preference will always be for plain vanilla.  My nut allergic child loves the chocolate sundae. 

BK is a special treat in the house because it repeats on DH and I so bad.  We power through for DS1 every once in a while because it's the one place he can have fries in all of the places we can eat out as a family. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »
Good to know-thanks. There are two different soft-serve places in town and the kids look wistfully at them. If they can have BK soft serve they'll be thrilled!
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA