login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Ruby Tuesdays  (Read 1567 times)

Description:

Offline Penny

Ruby Tuesdays
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »
This is probably old news to all of you, but it is new to me.  I met friends tonight at Ruby Tuesdays.  I asked about allergens and was given an allergen menu that listed safe foods for various allergies.   I spoke with the manager who told me it is updated once a month.

Offline hedgehog

Re: Ruby Tuesdays
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:40:49 AM »
A few years ago, NKA DD broke out in a mystery rash after eating there (rash is still a mystery, but hasn't recurred).  I spoke to the manager the next day to ask questions about everything she ate, whether there were any hidden ingredients in what she had off the salad bar, etc.  The manager was very nice and helpful, and very concerned.  I wasn't sure though whether it was that manager who was so good, or the chain.
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »
Not too many RT's around here, but it's good to know for when we're on the road.  Thanks for the tip!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »
We tried one of these during our trip and I will never try again! 

The allergy menu was there but not well supported by the waiter and the service was terrible.  The restaurant was dirty (dirty tools and napkins on the floor under the table, tables not wiped all around us), I had to get napkins at the bar, ask twice for tools and finally ask to have the menus removed by the waitress who had brought out our food. 

Kept DD to a small simple dish of grilled shrimp and fed her later instead.

Offline Penny

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 06:23:37 PM »
The Ruby Tuesday where I ate was really good.  It was clean and the manager spent some time telling me the lengths they go through to prevent cross-contamination.  But this is the first time I've eaten at one in years as everything on their menu seemed to be deep-fried.