login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Please remember... redux  (Read 1238 times)

Description:

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
Please remember... redux
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:28:38 AM »
I'm reposting this older set of posts, as it is important to remember some of these things this time of year.
  It may have been four years ago, but it's just as true now as it was then.   :heart:

Notnutty wrote:
Speaking as a Moderator for a moment....

Please remember that this time period from Mid-August to Mid-September is a very stressful time period for many of us. Whether starting school for the first time, starting a new school, or just getting a new teacher, it can be very stressful.

Please remember this as you are posting advice. Support is needed by many during this time.

CM said it best in another thread...so I am going to steal her wording for this thread. (thanks CM  )

"As a committee member (and a friend to so many of the board's members, past and present)-- the next few weeks are going to be extremely trying ones for MANY on the boards. People may be feeling vulnerable and out of sorts. Let's all try to remember that and post in ways that are more compassionate than righteous. And when reading posts, let's all try to remember that FEW posts are intended truly vindictively. Really."

I will continue to keep my moderation limited (as it should be)...but please PM me if you are having trouble and I will see if I can help in any way.

Other posts from that thread...

Posted: 08.24.2009 at 01:29:42       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hang on tight, everyone!

We're entering the first weeks of school.

I know that the next few weeks are rough ones in our 'real' lives.

Many members (new and old) will be tense and upset, or experience the need to vent their very real frustrations and fears.

To them: this is a place where everyone understands those feelings.  :heart:  You are not alone.

~Hermione