FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: iced tea  (Read 1990 times)

Description:

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
iced tea
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:31:56 PM »
I swear, growing up, we always had iced tea.  I made it a million times.  I would boil water, put several tea bags in the water, cover and let it steep a few minutes.  Pour in container with ice and perfect. 
I cannot seem to make a decent pitcher of tea!  WTH?  Wondering if its the water?  IDK.  I've also put it in the coffee pot and brewed it.  still tastes like crap in my opinion. 

any ideas
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline Jessica

Re: iced tea
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
We use bottled water and I think it comes out better.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »
Here's what I do:

Boil about 1.5 quarts of water.  Drop in 3-4 family sized tea bags.  Remove from heat and steep for ~5 minutes.  If adding sugar, I put it in the pitcher first and then pour the hot tea over it so it all dissolves.  Then I add enough water to make 1 gallon.  Comes out great every time. 
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:21:43 AM »
My GF also adds a handful of mint from her garden, and OMG, that is the most delicious, refreshing summer drink ever!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US