login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: King Arthur Mixes  (Read 1647 times)

Description:

Offline anxious

King Arthur Mixes
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
I found just recently King Arthur cookie and cake mixes. The box states gluten and nut free. Anyone try these? Are they any good? Dealing with PA/TNA.

Offline YouKnowWho

Re: King Arthur Mixes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:17:10 AM »
:heart: the King Arthur GF mixes! 

GF products often have an odd taste/texture.  We also have the added bonus of being egg free which adds more to the texture issues.  King Arthur is one of the few GF products that tastes so close to gluteny products that the entire family enjoys them.

Nameless had prompted me to call them because I was stuck on egg subs for the muffins when I first bought a box.  I cannot tell you what a joy it was to speak with them and how much help they were.  I was able to make Muffins for M'Lady that both DS1 and I could enjoy.  It was one of those teary moments for me to share a great tasting food but to also realize I was supporting a wonderful company.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA