Sonic

Started by momtoAidenDeclan, August 21, 2012, 07:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momtoAidenDeclan

Has anyone eaten there? we're just dealing w/PN allergy...I couldn't find a thread on it...

TIA!
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

rebekahc

We have eaten there, but just burgers/fries.  The Sonics I've been to do have an allergy disclaimer on the menu saying they handle allergens and can't guarantee your food won't be contaminated blah, blah, blah.  I don't really like it because you can't see into the kitchen (or even the building, really) so I can't judge how messy they are, KWIM?
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

momtoAidenDeclan

they ate there but everyone hated it and said never again (my mom took the boys on their way home from the beach)
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

YouKnowWho

DS2 loves Sonic (typical of peanut allergies, we avoid shakes and desserts).

I however always think about the chili cheese coney he celebrated being "well" with landing on the wall next to his bed when I was with DS1 at the ER due to the same stomach bug.  DH is no longer in charge of choosing meals to celebrate with when finished with a stomach bug.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

momtoAidenDeclan

YKW my mom said if it was btwn Sonic and McD's she'd choose McD's ANYday of the week...the meal was horrible and that was according to her AND the boys!
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA

YouKnowWho

Wow - given the choice between McD's and Sonic, I would rather have Sonic.  Wonder if they really had an off meal from there.
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

momtoAidenDeclan

yea, she has heard great things about it (Like when friends were traveling and said Yea, when we're on the road we can get Sonic  b/c there's none around here)...my boys are pretty down on McDs and they said they'd rather eat at McDs :P
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA

becca

Is Sonic the hot dog place we went to, YKW? 

The one that made me so ill?  Hmmmm.... 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

YouKnowWho

Quote from: becca on September 05, 2012, 10:38:49 AM
Is Sonic the hot dog place we went to, YKW? 

The one that made me so ill?  Hmmmm....

No, that was The Varsity.

President Obama flubbed up traffic at rush hour recently to eat at the original one (I know because DH was trying to leave the office, he works on the same block).
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

MandCmama

Back when we were only dealing with peanut allergy, I was a member of another board.  I remember someone posting on there that they were served a soft drink that had a big blob of PB in it :o  It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly, it was meant for someone else's shake or smoothie and wound up in his cup.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Ra3chel

The incident that led to me finally getting an official diagnosis was taking a big sip of the "pineapple" shake M ordered, which tasted wrong to him.

Turned out they'd substituted PB. OOPS.
The 3 is silent.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview