Famous Dave's

Started by anxious, August 28, 2012, 01:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anxious

Has anyone eaten here with PA/TNA? Their menu seems safe so wanting to see how it went.

GingerPye

We have, several times, because my DH really likes it.  Me, not so much.  But it's okay.

They have an allergy book.  But you really need to watch.   We order pulled pork and it seems like every time they bring it out with a big slab of texas toast on top, which we cannot have.  We send it back and get a new one.  Happens even when we tell them we don't want the toast.  There seems to be a huge disconnect between the serve staff and the kitchen staff.  But that's at our local restaurant.  May be different somewhere else.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

GoingNuts

DS eats there more than I'd like to admit.  It's a favorite go-to location for him and his friends.  He is allergic to PN, TN, Sesame, Chick Peas and certain forms of Soy.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

joshsmom

Going Nuts what does your son order there? We go there but I always bring his food. My son is allergic to peanuts, treenuts and sesame. He would love to order from there.

GoingNuts

He generally gets ribs.  Off the top of my head the sides he likes are mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and potato salad.  All very heart healthy, as you can tell.  ~)

I love their 600 calorie menu.  And the grilled pineapple for dessert is da bomb!
N.E. US

IowaMom

We used to eat there ALL the time.  I believe it was just the corn muffin that was a "may contain" for PN (we are PN only).  I haven't been for a few months though.  They were always very accomodating in giving us the "book" with their items and ingredients. 
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

thejteam

I've noticed the ones near us have pecan pie and so we've never tried it.  Did you notice at other locations what they had on the dessert menu?

GoingNuts

We never order dessert, so unless it's something prepared on shared equipment I never pay attention!
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview