FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Famous Dave's  (Read 1971 times)

Description:

Offline anxious

Famous Dave's
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »
Has anyone eaten here with PA/TNA? Their menu seems safe so wanting to see how it went.

Offline GingerPye

Re: Famous Dave's
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »
We have, several times, because my DH really likes it.  Me, not so much.  But it's okay.

They have an allergy book.  But you really need to watch.   We order pulled pork and it seems like every time they bring it out with a big slab of texas toast on top, which we cannot have.  We send it back and get a new one.  Happens even when we tell them we don't want the toast.  There seems to be a huge disconnect between the serve staff and the kitchen staff.  But that's at our local restaurant.  May be different somewhere else.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
DS eats there more than I'd like to admit.  It's a favorite go-to location for him and his friends.  He is allergic to PN, TN, Sesame, Chick Peas and certain forms of Soy.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:07:55 AM »
Going Nuts what does your son order there? We go there but I always bring his food. My son is allergic to peanuts, treenuts and sesame. He would love to order from there.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:02:31 PM »
He generally gets ribs.  Off the top of my head the sides he likes are mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and potato salad.  All very heart healthy, as you can tell.  ~)

I love their 600 calorie menu.  And the grilled pineapple for dessert is da bomb!
N.E. US

Offline IowaMom

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
We used to eat there ALL the time.  I believe it was just the corn muffin that was a "may contain" for PN (we are PN only).  I haven't been for a few months though.  They were always very accomodating in giving us the "book" with their items and ingredients. 
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Offline thejteam

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 02:15:40 PM »
I've noticed the ones near us have pecan pie and so we've never tried it.  Did you notice at other locations what they had on the dessert menu?

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »
We never order dessert, so unless it's something prepared on shared equipment I never pay attention!
N.E. US