Jimmy John's

Started by anxious, August 28, 2012, 09:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anxious

i know the bagged chips are made in peanut oil. But since their bagged and not worreid about that. Don't see any ingrediant nor allergen info on their website. ARe their sandwiches safe for pa/tna?

GingerPye

Our kids can't have the sandwiches due to milk and egg allergy, which we learned from the manager checking labels --- but JJ does offer a lettuce wrap which we have done a few times years ago.  It's not a lot of food.  No chips and a lettuce sandwich.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

starlight

You know, I have probably one of the most lax comfort zones on the board, but I just can't bring myself to walk into a Jimmy John's. I know there's probably peanut residue on at least a quarter of the common surfaces I touch on a daily basis (door knobs, counters, money, bars on the bus), but I can kind of pretend that everything's fine and tell myself not to worry, the chances are remote, etc. At JJ's though, it's almost guaranteed that there will be peanut oil EVERYWHERE from the dining-in crowds' fingers. Just knowing that there's a close to 100% guarantee that the door handle leading out of the building will have peanut oil on it...even if it's refined, even though I've never had a contact reaction, even though based on my history I have very little reason to worry...it would be enough to have me in the bathroom washing my hands for five minutes straight and then paying attention to every single little itch or sneeze for the rest of the day.

luci

We go through the drive-through.  We are allergic to pnut and avoiding treenuts.  We like the Roast Beef and Cheese sandwich.  Cannot have the cookies or chips.

maeve

My DD is also egg allergic so any sort of deli is off limits.  The risk of cross contamination is just too high.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Stinky6

My ds has eaten there just fine.  Well - usually get it to go.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview