My DD thinks she is a good reader due to allergies/OIT update

Started by TinaM, September 02, 2012, 10:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinaM

A friend of ours just passed on a funny story I thought I would share. Someone in my DD's class commented on how good a reader she is. She responded, 'Well, I have been reading food labels since I was 2 years old. I should be!'

Separately, a quick OIT update. We almost made it to a peanut when DD caught the worst virus ever from her younger sister, and she had a mild anaphalactic reaction to her dose. We put her on a lower dose while she recovered from her cough. (An aside - I have never seen a cough like this. It lasted some 8 weeks, wasn't pertussis, didn't respond to any asthma meds, not pneumonia. I almost lost my mind, especially when my kids both had it consecutively so I spent all of July and August this summer visiting doctors. Sick in summer stinks). We are back on a higher dose, and she seems to be doing well.

luci

Was the cough maybe the "new" version of swine flu?  The news reports said that this strain was less potent.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview