FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: My DD thinks she is a good reader due to allergies/OIT update  (Read 1076 times)

Description:

Offline TinaM

My DD thinks she is a good reader due to allergies/OIT update
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:32:55 AM »
A friend of ours just passed on a funny story I thought I would share. Someone in my DD's class commented on how good a reader she is. She responded, 'Well, I have been reading food labels since I was 2 years old. I should be!'

Separately, a quick OIT update. We almost made it to a peanut when DD caught the worst virus ever from her younger sister, and she had a mild anaphalactic reaction to her dose. We put her on a lower dose while she recovered from her cough. (An aside - I have never seen a cough like this. It lasted some 8 weeks, wasn't pertussis, didn't respond to any asthma meds, not pneumonia. I almost lost my mind, especially when my kids both had it consecutively so I spent all of July and August this summer visiting doctors. Sick in summer stinks). We are back on a higher dose, and she seems to be doing well.

Offline luci

Re: My DD thinks she is a good reader due to allergies/OIT update
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
Was the cough maybe the "new" version of swine flu?  The news reports said that this strain was less potent.