FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Buffalo Wild Wings.  (Read 3684 times)

Description: Fried may contain dessert

Offline SweetandSour

Buffalo Wild Wings.
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
New fried dessert with nut may contain. Just so everyone is aware.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Jessica

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »
Just frickin' great. Are they all having this now? Is it fried at the restaurant? I don't see anything online so I guess I better call.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »
Just called. The new dessert is fried in the same fryer as everything but traditional wings. We won't be going anymore. Dammit. That was our ONE sit-down restaurant and we had been waiting for the smoking ban to go into effect so we could eat inside and now this. Frick.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 06:19:37 AM »
I did safely have a grilled cchicken wrap. The manager made sure it was safe for me,and said his staff was trained by corporate to handle allergies.

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Jessica

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »
When I called they didn't mention that at all. Just said nothing would be safe other than the traditional wings and that they were sorry. I did speak with the manager that was on duty at the time.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »
Just in case anyone needs to know, BWW now has more foods unsafe for pa/tna. Their website shows a chicken salad with walnuts and a snickers pie. Also an Asian salad that has 'made in a shared facility with tree nuts' items in it and a fudge cake made on shared lines with tree nut.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline DadInWi

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »
Just spoke with a very courteous and professional manager at one of the local locations to see if anything had changed since they added these new items. She was apologetic and explained that nothing in their restaurant would be safe, since they do not segregate fryers.

I let her know how disappointed I was to hear this, since this was our "go-to" restaurant and we would bring in our extended family when we wanted to go out for a meal. Not anymore. She was very sympathetic and let me know that she will pass this along to higher levels of management.

Major bummer. Our 7 year old LOVED going there. I haven't had the heart to tell him yet.

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
I have found for a quick fix, the sauces in bottles are still ok by me to grab and put on our own wings. Which are much meatier and we bake them.

U.S.A.

~George Carlin

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »
We went there lately, and they gave us a binder to look at with allergen information.  The only thing with a peanut warning was the Snickers pie, which wasn't even on their current menu, thankfully. 

We won't go again, though.  We hated the ambiance (one big, open, bright, loud room, not any privacy, not even enough room to walk between tables) and the food wasn't very good.  Applebee's is nicer than that, and we thought it was loud.