Late elementary school help

Started by Frustrated, September 15, 2012, 07:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frustrated

At what age did you stop requiring PN/TN free classroom(s)?  In 4th grade we change classes for 4 main subjects daily, and kids eat lunch and snacks in their classrooms/homerooms (so 4 different classes of kids).  Current policy is for all classrooms to be PN/TN free (including any type of PN/TN warning) due to a handful of kids with the allergy (one with reaction hx to unseen residue) and the daily change of classes.  There is no other eating location available.  The school is great in providing the support needed, but I also don't want to be overly restrictive if not necessary.  Though at the same time we've had parents totally disregard the policy and do what they want anyway.

I figured middle school would be the time of less protection, but also likely a cafeteria for food consumption.  We might not have a cafe for MS either - that's up in the air.  Any seasoned PN parent info would be appreciated!!

yelloww

I wouldn't stop requiring it until your child is no longer allergic. End of story. If you bend now, then they will think your child is less allergic and you will have a hot mess on your hands.

My ds just started middle school. Still has pn free classrooms. I woudnt expect anything less from his learning environment.

CMdeux

Under the circumstances, the school just sounds prudent and reasonable.

It makes sense that they wouldn't change this even if your child didn't need the restriction, since you note that one of the children with the allergy has an extremely low rxn threshold.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview