login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Triaminic Thin Strips - help bring them back  (Read 12801 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Triaminic Thin Strips - help bring them back
« on: September 29, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
This is a letter that was posted on a local allergy yahoo group that I belong to.  I asked the writer's permission to repost her letter here (without her name) because I know lots of people use and would like to continue using the thin strips.

Dear Allergy Parents:

I don't know what you use in your child's emergency packs, but we had been using Benadryl strips and then converted to the Triaminic Allergy Thin Strips when Benadryl discontinued theirs. My son has a terrible time with taking medication, especially in a crisis or he is not feeling well, but he will take the thin strips. Plus they are not bulky and messy and therefore easy to have in an emergency pack etc. (In addition to the potentially lethal Peanut & Tree Nut allergy my son has Autism and is primarily non-verbal and has sensory issue thus our issues with taking meds are enhanced)

Several months ago Novartis Consumer Health Inc., that manufacturers and distributes the Triaminic Thin Strips shut down its plant in Lincoln, Nebraska where the product is made. I hoarded as much of the product as I could and am now down to 4-5 boxes (14 strips each = 7 doses). The company is reevaluating its product offerings and strategies. After speaking with a consumer relations representative this morning they informed me that at various points during the last quarter of 2012 the renovations to the plant will be complete and lines will be ramped up and product will be manufactured and shipped. However, the Triaminic Thin Strip are still classified in the system as "Discontinued" , which she indicated means that at this time the company does not have any plans to reintroduce the product to the market place. There is nothing wrong with the product, it is purely a business decision not to manufacture and distribute the product going forward.

However, she did speak to her supervisor that strongly encouraged myself and other families impacted to write letters to the company. This is the information she gave me including a fax #.

Novartis Consumer Health Inc.
Consumer Relations
200 Kimball Drive
Parsippany, NJ
07054-0622
Fax # 973.503.8400