login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Portland, OR  (Read 1443 times)

Description:

Offline bramblef

Portland, OR
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:15:50 AM »
I am heading home for the holidays at some point and am looking for places that would be safe (from your experience) with a dairy, SFA, some spices allergies as well as some oral allergy to several veggies.  My buddies and I usually get together for drinks, but the place we usually go will be off limits due to SFA.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Portland, OR
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:16:14 PM »
Sounds like a Vegan place might meet your needs well.  What kind of avoidance do you need for each allergen?

I'm assuming that SFA and milk are both pretty extreme avoidance-- as in the kind where you don't want to eat anywhere that uses ANY of the allergen?

What about the spices thing, though? 

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Ra3chel

Re: Portland, OR
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »
I live in the area, but it sounds like our allergens don't overlap at all, so my staple places won't be much use. Seconding CM's recommendation of a vegan place, of which there are many in this neck of the woods; also slow-foods / simple-recipe places like Wild Abandon might be worth a try...
The 3 is silent.