login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Organic Milk  (Read 2889 times)

Description:

Offline anxious

Organic Milk
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Does anyone know if Horizon the small individual shelf milk boxes are safe for PA/TNA? I just received an email that Organic Valley is not safe. That there products are made in a facility and lines that handle nuts. But didn't hear back from Horizon yet.

twinturbo

Re: Organic Milk
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
I have never called but we've used them for years. PA. Unsure about tree nuts.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
Just curious, what did Organic Valley say?  DS has been drinking it for years with no problems.

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »
Most likely coconut and almond at least.

Offline anxious

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
This is the email I received from Organic Valley:

The shelf stable milk products reports tree nut allergens on the same line and in the facility.  It also appears a number of processing facilities which package the Half Gallons and  quarts also have peanut and/or tree nuts allergens either present at the facility or present on the line at the facility.. They are as follows: 27-421, 36-8550, 51-4109, 06-01, 18-388,36-5631. 

The above plant numbers can be found on the top of each carton of product-they may or may not be hyphenated.