What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

Yum, McC!

We had pork tenderloin last night, dh and I had baked sweet potato and salad greens, and kids had baked russets and steamed broccoli.

Tonight, I think I will make the leftover into an Asian noodle bowl sort of thing of thing for dh and I.   With Shiritaki noodles.  Very low carb.  I have veggies in the fridge all washed and ready to chop.  did that earlier this week, to snack on them.  Broccoli is even cut.  And I have broth with mire pois and a touch of chicken I set aside when I made chicken noodle soup for the rest of the family the other night.  So, it will come together quickly.  I had a salmon burger and greens that night. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

YouKnowWho

All three kids (ages 2-7) ask for pond scum periodically.  We drink "juiced" Mean Greens (I did it for a week, DH did it for three - nothing but Mean Greens, oy the gas and crankiness).

Now DH is on to a low carb/high fat diet  ~)  I attempted to dabble, will go back to my everything in moderation and no soda diet. 

Hamburgers with sauteed mushrooms (we do bunless burgers due to DS1's and MIL's gluten issues/allergies)
Smashed Cauliflower
Zucchini and yellow squash
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

becca

hopechap

lamb chop
stir fry veggies (bok choy,carrots,snow peas, mushrooms)

Macabre

Tomatoes stuffed with mushrooms, shallots, fennel, sour cream, bread crumbs and parm.

Braised Brussels sprouts with Dijon cream sauce

Plain Yukon Golds.

We had our protein earlier in the day.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

hopechap

butternut squash soup made with coconut milk,tomatoes, hot pepper flakes, cilantro
Lebanese rice and lamb
Kale salad.

twas good. I made it for the fam. who took my son skiing today. My child is a ski orphan.

Janelle205

Made up a casserole using chopped turkey breast, steamed broccoli, a little cheese sauce, and the leftover creamed spinach mashed potatoes.  Vaguely shepherd's pie like.

DH and dsd destroyed it.  They were disappointed there wasn't more.

I'm just happy that I used up some leftovers.

Janelle205

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MaryM

Pot roast...beef pot roast!  I swear we are all going to gain 20lbs now that DS can eat beef!

hopechap

Smitten Kitchen pork chops
salad

made miso soup - too late - my dessert - breakfast tomorrow for the skiers.

Janelle205

Corned beef, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots.

hopechap

turkey meatloaf witrh veggie add-ins, asparagus, salad

becca

Chickem drumsticks, sweet potato, green smoothie.  ;D  Kids had bread and pineapple with their dinners.  Dd tasted the smoothie for $1.  Gagged.  Ds would not even do it for $1.  It was pretty good.  A bit like V8 or salsa.  But green.  Baby spinach was mild.  Figured we would start easy.

Ra3chel

The 3 is silent.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview