What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janelle205

I love cheese curds.  So much better when they are fresh.  I can get them in a few places here, but am looking forward to being in Wisconsin for the summer, where they have a much larger variety.

SilverLining

They were really hard to find.  First three stores had none.

Finally found some, got home and DH wasn't feeling well.  He skipped dinner, so I didn't make it tonight.

Macabre

I see them at every store. I could be your source, lol.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

PurpleCat

My mom use to buy us cheese curds when they went visiting to Canada.  She would bring them home and salt them for us.  They were like eating candy! 

She also brought these really yummy cookies...filled with jam, pink and white soft candy like tops with a wafer bottom.  And off course, same wafer, jam, marshmallow, coated in a chocolate shell! 

becca

I often contemplate getting a deep fryer.  Not because we would use it frequently, but it would be fun once in awhile to fry our own chicken nuggets, french fries, and doughnuts, etc...
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

becca

Looks like shrimp, steak, green beans.  Not sure of anything else, but that is enough.  I am not making it, lol.  I just see it in the fridge.  Dh is planning to dinner tonight.  :)  He came in last night with a boat load of tulips in one hand and a bag of fresh green beans in the other.  And said, Happy Mother's Day!  I said, "Oh!  you got me green beans for Mother's Day, thank you!" ;)

SilverLining

Quote from: PurpleCat on May 11, 2014, 10:25:56 AM
My mom use to buy us cheese curds when they went visiting to Canada.  She would bring them home and salt them for us.  They were like eating candy! 

She also brought these really yummy cookies...filled with jam, pink and white soft candy like tops with a wafer bottom.  And off course, same wafer, jam, marshmallow, coated in a chocolate shell!

Fruit Creme by Peek Frean, and Viva Puffs by Dare.  Both are still available here, and I think both are safe.

Fruit Creme are also known as Jammie's in the UK and on Dr. Who.

Macabre

SilverLining

Macabre

Polenta with zucchini and a poblano, jalapeño, and tomatillo sauce.  Wow it's smelling great. Wtg DH!

Janelle205

Chicken tacos, homemade corn salsa, seasoned rice, fresh mango.

Macabre

Quote from: Macabre on May 12, 2014, 07:03:08 PM
Polenta with zucchini and a poblano, jalapeño, and tomatillo sauce.  Wow it's smelling great. Wtg DH!

Oops--the salsa had no jalapeños. Wowza this was amazing!

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Macabre

This was technically lunch, eaten outside. Usually I make zucchini boats as a side, but this squash was gigantic and was perfect as the star attraction.

becca

Cherries on the side?  Are they soon to be in season? 

What is in your zucchini boat?  Looks yummy!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview