What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janelle205

Tonight was philly cheesesteak pasta, rolls with garlic dill butter, carrots and grapes.

GoingNuts

Tell me more about this Philly Cheesesteak pasta!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

eragon

tonight is shepards pie, I always get a hug from son if I make this!

This week has been, chicken stir fry, oven baked haddock and veg risotto, am getting bored now. tired of cooking!
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Janelle205

I got the idea for the pasta from a hamburger helper box, but then made it myself.

Our grocery store sells really thin cut beef for making steak sandwiches.  I bought that, cut into smaller pieces and then cooked in a skillet with peppers, onions, garlic and a little bit of worcestershire.  Cooked some short cut pasta.  Made a bechamel and then added mozzarella and provolone.  Mixed everything together and sprinkled a bit of cheese on top. 

Was pretty good.  Will make again.

eragon

am making chicken pie for dinner. pure comfort food. we dropped of our youngest at uni yesterday. Came home and all the other 'kids' were out. Our home has never been this quiet.

<am sobbing inside>

will serve mashed potato and curly kale with lots of gravy.
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

eragon

I tried some wine. and may have some more on friday.
daughter is enjoying freshers week at uni, and that makes me sad as well, because she isnt missing us, even though that's a good thing. So my mind is a confused emotional mess!

my son made lamb dansak last night.

fish tonight. have no idea what I am doing with it. 

BensMom

Quote from: Janelle205 on September 15, 2016, 02:03:52 PM
I got the idea for the pasta from a hamburger helper box, but then made it myself.

Our grocery store sells really thin cut beef for making steak sandwiches.  I bought that, cut into smaller pieces and then cooked in a skillet with peppers, onions, garlic and a little bit of worcestershire.  Cooked some short cut pasta.  Made a bechamel and then added mozzarella and provolone.  Mixed everything together and sprinkled a bit of cheese on top. 

Was pretty good.  Will make again.

I made this last night and it was good :)! I had swiss cheese and mild shredded cheddar on hand, so I used those. Next time I'll get a block of sharp cheddar. The cheese I used was a bit too mild. But all in all, good. It tasted like cheese steak and it's different than anything else I make. Thanks Janelle!

Janelle205

BensMom

It took a lot of pans though! One for the pasta, one for the steak and one for the sauce. Not too big a deal though. I put it all together in the pasta pot and then washed the other pot and pan before dinner since dd wasn't home yet so we weren't ready to eat.

Janelle205

Easy dinner tonight - Steaks, baked potato, salad.

Janelle205

Steak salads, herbed rolls, fresh fruit, strawberry cheesecake.

hedgehog

Starting with a caprese salad.  Then steak, grilled corn on the cob, grilled zucchini, mushrooms.  For dessert, poached pears.
USA

Macabre

Purple potatoes. DH is making a purple meal. TCU is playing SMU tonight. Gotta be purple!

Kick off is in 30 minutes at 7pm, which means it's time to leave work!

💜🐸😈🏈

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview