What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janelle205

Took the leftover sausage gravy, used it as a base for a cheese sauce and made sausage gravy mac and cheese.  Served with a fried egg on top. 

Janelle205

Clam chowder.  I had to change my recipe a bit because I didn't want to go to the store, but everyone liked it, so we're good.

hezzier

https://diethood.com/pork-loin-roast-recipe/?fbclid=IwAR3xUWWPtuHlsHk3pauDfP_jUTwmxkJOfYxCV2es4jnNkY9ndieUZOOhHYk

YKW posted this a while back on FB and I made it last night...it was good.  I skipped the squash and did a tray of roasted broccoli instead

Janelle205

Tonight was pepperoni rolls that we had in the freezer from one of DH's coworkers, because pepperoni roll fundraisers are a thing here.  (I think it's a regional thing, but I'm not sure about that.)

Janelle205

Bacon, broccoli, onion and cheddar quiche.  And between the three kids and DH, they ate an entire honeydew melon.

Janelle205

Chipotle chicken enchilada stew, provided the recipe that I made up (it's in the slow cooker now) works.  :crossed:

GoingNuts

The only thing I could find in the stupidmarket today was a corned beef, so I'm making corned beef, cabbage and potatoes in honor of St. Patrick's day. No buttermilk to be had, so no soda bread. But, there was Guinness, so we'll have that.  :thumbsup:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

hedgehog

I won't be able to make my great-grandmother's Irish soda bread.  I still don't have an oven. Well, I have one, but it is sitting in the middle of the kitchen waiting to be installed. 
USA

BensMom

I got corned beef Thursday and will make it on Tuesday :). I'm wondering if I should pick up a brisket now for Passover. I guess I'll check tomorrow.

GoingNuts

^^That was my goal today, but I couldn't find one. I guess I'll have to try another store tomorrow.

The corned beef came out great.  My first attempt, and it was a success.
N.E. US

BensMom

First attempt?? I make it every year! How did you cook it? I've don't it different ways. I don't even remember if I have a set way to do it.

GoingNuts

Simmered it in 2qts of water for 3 hours with McCormick s pickling spice, an onion and garlic. Added potatoes, cabbage and carrots during the last 1/2 hour.   Drained the veggies and added a little butter and parsley to them. Delish.
N.E. US

hedgehog

GN,next time try using beer instead of water.  YUM!
USA

GoingNuts

N.E. US

BensMom

Quote from: GoingNuts on March 14, 2020, 08:32:09 PM
Simmered it in 2qts of water for 3 hours with McCormick s pickling spice, an onion and garlic. Added potatoes, cabbage and carrots during the last 1/2 hour.   Drained the veggies and added a little butter and parsley to them. Delish.

I seem to remember the veggies being too salty if I put them in with the corned beef. Maybe I had them in there the whole time, I don't remember.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
:
:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview