What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryM

Quote from: GoingNuts on February 24, 2013, 07:29:15 AM
Loved those pics Mary.  So nice to have two budding chefs in the house!

Thanks!  I hope they continue to be interested in cooking!  I love to cook & bake so I'm trying to teach them.  I told DS he has to try different spices but he is wary  :-/.  DS is working on fractions now so if a recipe calls for 1 cup, I'll give him a different sized measuring cup and have him tell me how many he needs.  Lots of learning :)

MaryM

Garlic brown sugar chicken, roasted potatoes and green beans.  You'd think I'm trying to poison DS and he chokes down each bite....

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

MaryM

Quote from: GoingNuts on February 26, 2013, 04:05:41 PM
Ooooh, what is garlic brown sugar chicken?

I got this recipe from Pinterest:
INGREDIENTS
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons olive oil
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 500°F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes.

Janelle205

I feel super country about this, but tonight we'll be having sausage gravy and biscuits.

hopechap

MaryM

I'm hoping there are chicken nuggets in the freezer for the kids... :hiding: 

hopechap

put tomato sauce on them and some mozzarella - voila! chicken parm.

MaryM

Good idea hopechap!

DH & DD made pancakes and bacon.  I had toast and bacon.  I'm not a big fan of pancakes.  DH offered to make something else but the kids were excited to have breakfast for dinner.

Janelle205

GoingNuts

Stir fried chicken, veggies and buckwheat noodles (sadly, not safe, but DS is away at school so we indulged).
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

MaryM

Beef stew!  And there was just enough so the kids can have it for lunch tomorrow!

becca

Chicken and andouille sausage gumbo, inspired by McC.  Yum!  Took forever, but good.  It turned into a big quantity, and only dh and I ate it.  I think it should freeze well. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Stinky6

Quote from: becca on January 11, 2013, 05:08:26 PM
I made a quiche earlier this week.  Loaded it with so much broccoli and spinach(as well as some ham, onions and cheese) that it overflowed.  It was good.  I make egg muffins that are basically crustless quiche.  The crust(refined carbs plus fat) is the most unhealthy part if you otherwise load it with veggies.  I also use milk, not cream.  I sometimes cut back on yolks as well.

I make the muffins almost every sunday to have for breakfest during the week.   They are in the oven now, kale and mushroom - with put some cheese (not much) on top.     :) 

becca

Roast boneless leg of lamb, rubbed with rosemary, garlic, butter, olive oil, salt and pepper, roasted over a bed of baby red potatoes with similar seasoning.  Spring mix salad with balsamic dressing, green beans, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. 

I think the whole neighborhood will be smelling the garlic from our house!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview