FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Bread - nut safe  (Read 18423 times)

Description: What do you use?

Offline joshsmom

Re: Bread - nut safe
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »
Sliver lining-can you share your bun recipe please?

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 09:07:50 PM »
The Great Value white bread reads safe in my location.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline iansmom

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »
Has anyone here tried Sara Lee breads? I'm seeing them in our grocery stores now in place of Wonder. We're going on vacation in a week, and I'd like to have something to use on our trip. The statement on their website doesn't make me feel completely comfortable:

"What is your guidance on allergenic ingredients for highly sensitive people?

We assure you that we adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices as established by the FDA. We take abundant precaution to prevent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients between batches, and our bakeries are inspected to ensure that they meet or exceed all regulatory and baking industry standards. We understand that highly sensitive consumers need to know when there is even the remotest possibility of inadvertent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients during processing. To that end we disclose that the following allergenic ingredients are used in some of our manufacturing facilities and that inadvertent cross-contact is remotely possible: milk, eggs, soy, almonds, walnuts, peanuts and hazelnuts (filberts). Wheat is used in all of our facilities and all of our products as an ingredient. Please refer to ingredient labels on our products for full disclosure of the ingredients used in that product."

Iansmom
DS PA/TNA

twinturbo

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 03:18:51 PM »
Used GV today ok. PA EA.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »
Has anyone here tried Sara Lee breads? I'm seeing them in our grocery stores now in place of Wonder. We're going on vacation in a week, and I'd like to have something to use on our trip. The statement on their website doesn't make me feel completely comfortable:

"What is your guidance on allergenic ingredients for highly sensitive people?

We assure you that we adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices as established by the FDA. We take abundant precaution to prevent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients between batches, and our bakeries are inspected to ensure that they meet or exceed all regulatory and baking industry standards. We understand that highly sensitive consumers need to know when there is even the remotest possibility of inadvertent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients during processing. To that end we disclose that the following allergenic ingredients are used in some of our manufacturing facilities and that inadvertent cross-contact is remotely possible: milk, eggs, soy, almonds, walnuts, peanuts and hazelnuts (filberts). Wheat is used in all of our facilities and all of our products as an ingredient. Please refer to ingredient labels on our products for full disclosure of the ingredients used in that product."

Iansmom
DS PA/TNA

I thought Sara Lee breads were owned by Bimbo bakeries now? I think the general consensus was not to trust them. There was  a recent thread about this. If I can find it, I'll bump it.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 11:38:44 PM »
That was quick-here's the thread.
Sara Lee bread
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline brownie

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »
Yea!  Schwoebels is safe!  They manufacture in Ohio.  I don't know how large their distribution area is, but I called and they were wonderful and understanding.  They sell some kind of dinner roll made at another company's facility but their loaf bread is in a nut and peanut free facility!  woohoo!  and much better than Wonder.  Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood