Living with Food Allergies, 2013 and on

Started by ajasfolks2, February 03, 2013, 01:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouKnowWho

Changed a rather fragrant diaper for Miss Em tonight.  And then she caught whiff of it and she started coughing.

"Mommy, I allergic to my poop - I throw up now!"

Laughed so loud, I think I scared her.  Trying to decide if it's a case of jealousy because she doesn't have allergies (I have a few foods that I won't let her eat because of sheer cost) or just following the protocol in the house.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

hezzier

DS has a teacher that gets it.  Sent home a note today (not outing DS) that said due to allergies, all birthday treats must be arranged and approved ahead of time and NO NUTS!  I see this a step in the right direction!

SilverLining

LOL @ little Miss Em.

hope it's a sign of a great year @ hezzier.

SilverLining

That is powerful.  It needs to be posted separately so it doesn't get lost.

CMdeux

Today, on my Comcast homepage--

The Health Benefits of Eating Peanuts:

Did you know peanuts can lower blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar and decrease your risk for heart disease?

:misspeak:  :rofl:

Oh, they lower blood pressure, all right...

as for the other two, I guess "prevention" is key, huh?   Both problems will take care of themselves if you're allergic, I suppose.  :evil:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

In order to take our younger MFA child to the playground we make sure we proactively bring his own set of digging toys for the sandbox. I keep them out of the way off to the side so as not to be a distraction to other kids. It astounds me that moms direct their kids over to toys that don't belong to them let them play on it first, and only ask me afterward if it's okay for their kids to use. THEN get huffy because YOUR KID's had milk playing with MY KID's personal toys. What happened to making your kids ask permission then wait to receive it?

maeve

That's frustrating twinturbo. It has never ceased to amaze me what people will let their kids do (or do themselves) without asking permission first. When DD was a toddler, we were at Borders and this woman let her son just go up to my DD and kiss her smack on the lips. Not only is that an FA concern for us but nice to raise a little rapist who doesn't ask if it's OK to do something like that.  This woman laughed thinking it was cute; I could tell by DD's body language that she was unhappy. She is like me and has a very strict personal space bubble.  Another time it was a woman who grabbed DD's hand when DD was about 3/4ish so her tzi szu could give DD a "kiss"; it all happened so quickly that I couldn't say anything. It, of course, resulted in DD's eyes and face being swollen.

I was always taught to keep my hands to myself and not to touch anything that did not belong to me.  I guess that's not being taught these days.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Macabre

The Snickers bar next to the guy who is fixing my son's phone at the sprint store is making me nervous.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

Feeling VERY lucky that I didn't crack a molar watching the high school boy seated in the same room with my DD14, taking the ACT... who scarfed down both of THESE during the ten minute break-- including emptying the latter into his mouth and STILL CHEWING as he re-entered the room:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Yeah, mom was pretty much thinking... please-don't-be-sitting-next-to-DD-please-don't-be-sitting-next-to-DD-please-don't SNEEZE, OMG-OMG-OMG    :misspeak:

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

PurpleCat

Our friendly fall squirrel is back (3rd year) and so are his peanut shell messes!  He and I should be on a first name basis!  I'm always yelling at him!  I should call him Anthony!  (Like the old commercial for Prince Spaghetti!)  He's only dining here in the fall, we must be close to where he will sleep this winter.  And none of my neighbors feed birds so where he gets the peanuts is a mystery.

PurpleCat

and the custodian at the High School let the school nurse know they are changing the soap in the school, he gave her a cut sheet and she sent it home, today!  Wow!  and it is safe for DD, but I am ever so impressed!

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

notashrimpwimp

The joy of finding a peanut/tree nut free bakery, only to react to a compote pie glazed with the same brush as the strawberry tart...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview