Living with Food Allergies, 2013 and on

Started by ajasfolks2, February 03, 2013, 01:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacecanada

Hurray for so many food challenges!  Ajas, do you think it is walnut/pecan?  The two are highly related and if you pass one they often challenge the second one immediately thereafter.  Either way, I hope everyone here will pass.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

MaryM

DS has his baked egg challenge at 1.  I just made the muffins.  Its so weird to have eggs in the house.  I don't care for them and only ever used them to bake, so once I had 2 kids with egg allergies, I just stopped buying them.  DS is so hopeful.  I am so nervous.  This is his 3rd try at baked egg.  DH is taking him.  Prayer and good thoughts are greatly appreciated! 

I cancelled DD's challenge bc she is too busy and she gets so anxious.  We will reschedule hers in the new year sometime.

hezzier

spacecanada

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

spacecanada

That's exciting!!  Congratulations to your DS!  I just squeaked in the office with excitement.

MaryM

Quote from: spacecanada on October 28, 2019, 04:07:56 PM
That's exciting!!  Congratulations to your DS!  I just squeaked in the office with excitement.

;D. Thank you!!!

PurpleCat

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

MaryM

He's developed a few hives tonight.  I am not sure if its from the egg - reactions in the past are usually stomach aches.  I guess I have to call Mt. Sinai tomorrow.  His challenge started at 1 and the hives appeared around 7:30.  I am a wreck.

rebekahc

I was just about to post congrats.  Ugh! Allergies suck!  :grouphug:
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

MaryM

He seems totally fine.  Only one was itchy.  they seem to be cleaning up with Zyrtec and he tells me he gets random hives sometimes...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview