Longhorn steakhouse

Started by MandCmama, February 18, 2013, 06:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandCmama

Do any of you have experience with them? I can't recall them being mentioned here before. Currently we avoid eggy places altogether, so we're limited to Moe's and chipotle. I see they have chicken tenders on the kids menu. I'd bet they're eggy...
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Jessica

I thought they were one of the ones with buckets of peanuts on every table and shells all over the floor...
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

hedgehog

No, no buckets of peanuts there.  I used to think that too, but had it confused with someplace else.  They are actually good for PA.  I don't deal with egg, so I'm not sure about that, but at the two locations we've been to, they are allergy aware enough to look into and get a knowledgable answer.
USA

MandCmama

yes- I think I used to confuse them with Texas Roadhouse...they've got the peanuts.  I'll have to stop in and scope it out.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Macabre

They actually made Allergy Eats recent top list of allergy friendly restaurants, which has been much heralded in the last week.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MandCmama

Mac, I had that in the description, but that line  doesn't seem as noticible here as on the old site.  That's the only thing that made me consider it. I just assume every steak house is a giant peanut bomb, lol
Pennsylvania, USA

MandCmama

Actually getting a bit excited here! It would be so awesome to be able to take the boys to a sit down restaurant  :heart:

Just called our local Longhorn.  The only peanuts in house are those at the bar, and those are only brought out upon request.  Currently, the only fresh eggs in the kitchen are for a steak special they have going.  Their fried foods are just in a buttermilk wash. Their desserts are all may contains/ made in facility for both, but that's OK.

Maybe DH and I will have our next date night there to scope it out ;)
Pennsylvania, USA

maeve

They must have changed their peanut policy because the one close to our house used to have buckets on the table and shells all over the floor.  We haven't been in years because of that.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

SweetandSour

I don't go. Bad experience with them. No reaction, just an a-hole manager.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview