So Delicious products

Started by Jessica, February 28, 2013, 02:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

They have plenty of nut flavors but they have a pretty good allergen statement on their packages. Doesn't say dedicated lines though. Do you trust them? I'm hoping that if they're safe, we can find some of the frozen treats around here.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

Well that all depends, Jessica. I use it for my PA/TNA older child even though he can have dairy because we found impossible to keep regular smearable dairy away from MA child sufficiently to not cause reactions. Normally they would have been outside my comfort zone but we have used a lot of their products though I stay away from anything with add-ins. The plainer the better.

If all I had to worry about was nuts I'm not sure I'd use them. But thus far fine.

CMdeux

We don't-- not really, anyway.

The reason is that DD took a single sip and refused to have anything to do with the rest.  Then again, she's her own personal nut-detection system, so take that into account.  Her level of sensitivity means that if there are shared lines, she knows it-- we didn't bother sending it for testing as her symptoms were completely subjective and, well-- we know what we know either way, and it seems plausible it's too low to show up.   This was the holiday egg nog stuff, by the way.

It's possible that she just really hated the coconut, but I don't think that was it.  (she is almond allergic)

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

lakeswimr

We use it.  I talked with their quality assurance person for a really long time and he described the intricate and detailed measures they take to prevent xcontam including batch testing for a bunch of top 8 allergens.  They are one of the few companies I do trust this way and I like them a lot.  DS has always been fine with their stuff. 

krasota

I'm also comfortable with them.  I've had issues with some brands of milk and seed butters with regard to gluten and soy, but I do fairly well with the So Delicious coconut milk products. 
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

joanna5

We use them, too.  I've talked to a couple of different customer service reps over the years and they've been very forthcoming with info on their cleaning and testing procedures. 
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

Jessica

I haven't had any luck finding them around here so far. The frozen stuff, that is. They have the 'milk' products.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

YouKnowWho

Our Walmart carries the frozen coconut " ice creams".
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

twinturbo

I look at Turtle Mountain as the best way to get coconut products. At least they batch test.

Jessica

Quote from: YouKnowWho on March 07, 2013, 04:14:49 PM
Our Walmart carries the frozen coconut " ice creams".

Do you remember what area they're in? I couldn't find anything in the area with the regular ice creams, popsicles, etc. I didn't really look anywhere else though.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

YouKnowWho

A few weeks ago it was a top shelf item with the Haagan Daaz and Ben & Jerry pints.  I finally looked again this week and they moved it so it is sandwhiched in with the top end novelties. 

I will say that our Walmart is catering to allergies with special "allergy friendly" products and sections like Enjoy Life, Tinkyada, etc.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Macabre

I first read about them a few years ago and looked for them at our little natural food store.  I have seen So Delicious products around a lot lately.  I've read good things about them.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Mookie86

krasota

Our Kroger stores and Harris Teeter both carry a few So Delicious products (Kroger carries more, though the selection varies store to store).  WFM and the little health food stores/co-ops all carry it.  I can't remember if Food Lion has it.  Our sole remaining Giant only carries a couple of the shelf-stable tetrapacks of the milk (vanilla and unsweetened).

I carry the vanilla creamer with me daily in the diaper bag. 
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

CMdeux

Independent health food stores here:

co-op, Market-of-Choice.

I've seen them occasionally at Fred Meyer and Safeway stores, too.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview