FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Hummus without tahini  (Read 19875 times)

Description:

hk

Re: Hummus without tahini
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
I make tahini-free hummus a lot.  Something else I do is kind of a half-hummus/half babaganoush thing.  Roast an eggplant, process in food processor with a can of chickpeas, lots of olive oil, salt, a bit of cumin, bit of pepper and juice of approximately one lemon.  It's really delicious and the eggplant helps make the texture quite a bit creamier.

Offline mimimum

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 04:28:24 PM »
Hello all!   This is an FYI from a sesame allergy friend.  TRADER JOES has discontinued its non tahini/sesame hummus.  Does anyone know of any other brand of hummus (other than making your own).  My nursery school has several sesame allergies & we always used TJOES & now we are without a brand.  Thanks!
Mimi

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
I don't know specifically of a HUMMUS which is tahini-free.

I do know that some white-bean "dips" which are garlicky have a very similar taste and texture to a tahini-free hummus, however.  That might be an angle to check into.

Good luck!
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.