When the nurse refuses to admin EPI?!

Started by ajasfolks2, March 05, 2013, 09:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajasfolks2

"I can tell you that we are looking into it. I wouldn't say it's an investigation, but we're certainly assessing how it was handled," said Stephanie Wurtz, spokesperson for Falcon School District 49.

http://www.koaa.com/mobile/news/student-says-school-nurse-would-refuse-to-administer-life-saving-medication/
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

twinturbo

I'm sure most of us have read by now the story about the nurse in a retirement facility that refuses to administer CPR or let anyone perform CPR on a resident that collapsed in front of her despite direct orders by EMS to do so-- eventually begging the nurse to let anyone, flag someone down from the road, to initiate CPR with dispatch help. They even told her EMS was assuming full liability.

She was left to die there on the floor because of (I **** you not) company policy.

I had to read the transcript I couldn't take listening to the actual call. WTF?

ajasfolks2

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Mfamom

the thing I don't understand is....when the nurse realized she didn't have the paperwork, why didn't she immediately get parent on phone and fix the problem immediately? 
why would she approach student in the manner she did?  I would be livid if i was that parent. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

ajasfolks2

Quote from: Mfamom on March 05, 2013, 03:55:44 PM
the thing I don't understand is....when the nurse realized she didn't have the paperwork, why didn't she immediately get parent on phone and fix the problem immediately? 
why would she approach student in the manner she did?  I would be livid if i was that parent.

Exactly!  Completely inappropriate from procedure standpoint as well as how nurse should interact with minor/student/patient.  Just incomprehensible!!

Mfamom

i'm going to re watch, but I don't understand how all of the sudden the paperwork is "missing?"  what prompted the nurse to check the paperwork and mom says it has happened previously.  I keep thinking of the student that had similar situation with his inhaler paperwork not being filled out and how the nurse handled that situation.  (poorly)
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview