Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Reactions & Stories

Fruit Loops

<< < (3/3)

maeve:
The unnatural red dye can be a problem too.  My DD was sensitive to it as a young child.  However, it caused behavioral issues not hives.

bleh:
It was Kellogg's Fruit Loops. It was a mini box of cereal. We bought a Kellogg's variety pack so she could try different types of cereal without having to eat the stuff she didn't like. We still have another mini box put up so I can compare the dyes to the other stuff she has had.

Tami:
I experienced similar reaction to fruitloops, except I get full body hives. My first experience was as a child in elementary school. We believed it was the food coloring I was having a reaction to, so I avoided most foods with added dyes for a few years. Then slowly started eating them again here and there but mainly avoiding fruit loops. I decided to try them again when I was in high school since I have eaten plenty of other foods with high food coloring and never had a reaction. Well that was a huge mistake, broke out in full body hives took over a week to get them to go down. I felt like a lizard. I've never touched fruit loops since. Now I dont think it was the dye. But I dont know what it could be. Something specific with fruit loops?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version