Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!

Started by admin rebekahc, July 21, 2011, 10:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebekahc

He already has three posts and several PMs with the same information.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

dirtyduck

hi i am not very adept at forums, but i am here to see if anyone has had any luck with herbs/medicines and other alternative therapies. i am starting my own trial of FAHF-2. i was thinking of keeping a log. but imnot sure where i would do that? start a new thread? ijust threw that word out there, imnot even sure what it is,lol. i think it just means "topic"?

rebekahc

Hi and welcome!  I'm interested in hearing about your experience with FAHF-2, so I'll be watching your thread to see how it goes.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!

jasmine1

Wife with 2 grown kids. No significant allergies on either side of our families.  Son fell in love with a young lady who has developed significant soy, gluten, nuts, and other allergies.  This is completely foreign to me and I find myself frustrated with the limitations and constant label reading.  They visit about 4 times a year for about 3 days.

GingerPye

Welcome, Jasmine!  I well remember how frustrated I was when my daughter was diagnosed with food allergies as a baby.  It is extremely limiting and label reading is def no fun.  But --- it gets to be routine after a while. 
When we visit my ILs, MIL has a set meal that is safe for my kids.  Same meal every time.  Since you are dealing with more than one meal, perhaps you can sit down with the young lady and devise a meal plan for three days.  And use that same plan every time they visit. 

Don't know if that helps you any --- please feel free to ask any questions --- we'll do our best to help.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

brenyc

I have been diagnosed with food allergies: wheat, and soy allergies. So I turned to corn products....now symptoms have occurred meaning, I must be allergic to corn also. What shall I eat...????

SilverLining

Brenyc, how long have you been off the known allergens?  When I first developed symptoms, my system was so overloaded with the two things I am allergic to, I was reacting to many things that I am not actually allergic to.

Also, have you been avoiding everything with wheat and soy?  Even things with trace amounts (cross contamination)?  You may be eating things that are processed with wheat or soy, and they are not labeled.  Neither US nor Canadian law requires a "may contain" warning be put on processed food.

seashells

Hi everyone. I'm new here! I've always suffered from mild environmental allergies (pollen, cats, dogs) but was diagnosed a year ago with a dairy allergy, having never experienced food allergies before.

It's been a tough road and I'm still figuring things out. Figured it'd be easier with the support of others who're used to dealing with this.

I've been completely dairy-free (other than accidental ingestion) for a year now and it's made such a difference in my life! :)
CA - Milk Allergy

rebekahc

Hi and welcome!  :bye:

I'm sure you'll find lots of good information here.  Feel free to jump in with any questions!
TX - USA

WA-mom

Hi I am New. Hoping i am posting correctly.  I live in Washington. I have two kids with PA and other allergies.  I am always looking for ways to learn more about FOOD ALLERGIES . 

CMdeux

Welcome, Wa-mom!  Always nice to meet others from the Pacific Northwest.   :bye:

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Janelle205

Welcome!

There are tons of things to learn here - lots of folks with lots of experience.  :yes:

Charleybird

Hello everybody! 

My 10yr old daughter was diagnosed with a severe tree-nut allergy after allergy-testing last week. It's come as quite a shock as her symptoms have been pretty mild up to this point.. I have to say she is coping better than I am and it's great to have found this site!

CMdeux

Charleybird, a warm welcome to you!  :bye: Obviously nobody here is happy for that kind of diagnosis-- because we've all been through it.

Be sure to investigate some of the sticky threads in the main forum-- those are things that you will want to make very sure that you've covered with your daughter and your physician.  Be sure that she carries epinephrine with her!!

Also know that mild symptoms can be very deceptive with nut allergies.  Unfortunately, that kind of reaction history can lead adolescents to be pretty complacent about carrying rescue medication and checking ingredients as carefully as they ought.   Hormonal shifts which occur in adolescence can lead to wild changes in sensitivity to an allergen. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

meganyh325

Just came across this site today! I'm 22 and found out in November of 2011 that after being bitten by a tick earlier in the year, that I am allergic to Red Meat... on top of having been allergic to Dairy all my life, Red Dye #40 and Yellow Dye #5 & #6 since I was 18, Soy, Gluten and a few medications.

I have been doing pretty good since being diagnosed as being allergic to red meat, but every day is a struggle for me because it took a lot of trial and error to find out that I was allergic to the dyes.
I had crazy random allergic reactions for about two years before I started keeping a food diary and noting similarities in what everything I ate contained when I had a reaction. Not going to lie, I absolutely refuse to eat out or eat anything anyone other than my mom or myself makes and I've gone from one of those people who is willing to try anything to eating only what I know and even then there are days when I have to force myself to just do that.

While I love my family and friends to pieces, they just don't understand how big of a battle I am fighting inside to eat some days  :hiding: and God knows, it isn't for lack of trying. They usually come to me with the "oh, just take some benadryl and eat" idea, so when I came across this, I thought maybe this is what I need, to be able to talk to people who understand what it feels like. <3

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview