login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Nashville/Franklin, TN  (Read 1409 times)

Description:

Offline MaryM

Nashville/Franklin, TN
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
We are planning at trip to visit family in TN this summer.  We will be staying in Franklin and visiting Nashville.  I'm PA/TNA and both kids are allergic to milk and eggs (they can do baked milk).  Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations?

Offline tnmom

Re: Nashville/Franklin, TN
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »
Hey, MaryM,

I'll be happy to share with you the regular "safe" places we dine, but please keep in mind, we are not dealing with milk, just pa/tna and eggs. 

In Franklin near the McEwen Drive or Cool Spring Blvd exits there is a Moe's, a Chipotle and a Chick-fil-a.  (There's also a Wendy's and a McDonald's in this location, but we don't eat there much.)

For sit down restaurants, there is a Cracker Barrel near the Murfreesboro Rd exit (across from the hospital), a Famous Dave's on Baker's Bridge Road near the Cool Springs Galleria, and an amazing Outback on Moore's Lane.   All three of these have allergy menus that the managers will bring out to you if you ask. 

I'm not sure where you may be visiting while in the Nashville area, but there is a Spaghetti Factory in downtown Nashville that has in the past been great (no egg in the pasta) and there is a Rainforest Cafe in Opry Mills that has always seemed very knowledgeable and accommodating. 

If you have a lot of questions, feel free to pm me.  I'll be happy to help!

Offline MaryM

Re: Nashville/Franklin, TN
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »
Thanks tnmom!  I am pretty sure my BIL lives off of Cool Springs Blvd. He lives in a gorgeous development, it almost seems fake bc its so pretty.  I can look into those places before we go.  We will most likely head down in late June.  We haven't been to visit since DD was 2, about 4 years ago.  Our comfort zone is a little less tight now and it would be nice to try and eat out a few times.  Outback might be a good option since DS passed his beef challenge in January!