Idaho Sunrise

Started by Janelle205, May 14, 2013, 03:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janelle205

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/02/an-idaho-sunrise-egg-stuffed-baked-potatoes/

Obviously, I did not eat this.  Made one for DH for lunch today though, and he has requested two for dinner.  I used cheese, chopped chicken and peppers for lunch, going to use ham, green onions, and cheese for dinner.

Should be able to easily make this vegetarian and I would presume you could sub in milk-free cheese if you needed to.  My favorite part was that it allowed me to turn a tiny amount of leftovers (chopped meat and veggies) into a meal.

I would NOT cook this in a house with a seriously egg sensitive person.  The egg whites were soft set and the yolk was runny, and it did run out a bit over the baking dish.  Luckily my threshold for eggs is very high and I generally only have low level reactions to egg.

hedgehog

USA

GoingNuts

Those look amazing.  I'm slobbering, but nobody else in my family would touch it. They hate potatoes, which I assume is some sort of genetic defect.  There's really no other explanation.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Janelle205

GN, if the rest of the family won't eat them, it really wasn't hard to just make one of them.  I just chopped a bit of meat and one green onion for the filling.

hedgehog

Who doesn't like potatoes?!  What is wrong with them, GN?

I was actually thinking those look good for just me, or maybe me and DH, because DD is very picky about how hew eggs are cooked (she only likes whites when mixed into other stuff or in a meringue--not when identifiable as egg white), and DS doesn't like much of anything.  He might eat the egg and the potato (minus skin) but he would not eat the goodies.  So I was thinking if I need a quick meal for myself (I often eat lunch at home alone), that is a good option.  And it uses whatever leftovers I may have laying around (which I currently use for frittatas). 
USA

GoingNuts

Quote from: hedgehog on May 15, 2013, 05:39:25 AM
Who doesn't like potatoes?!  What is wrong with them, GN?

My point exactly.  Clearly a genetic defect carried on DH's side of the family.  ;)  There just isn't any other explanation.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

becca

My kids have only very recently started eating potatoes other than french fries.  Dh and I always joke about "Who doesn't like potatoes."  I was so glad the day they accepted a baked potato.  Makes meal planning much easier.

That looks yummy Janelle. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview