Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area recommendation

Started by SweetandSour, June 24, 2013, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetandSour

I figured since we are going to be there, I would see if anyone has any food recommendations.  Or ifthere is anything we need to do that's fun!
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

hezzier

We usually cooked at my mother's house for meals, but I know there's a Cici's down there not too far from Delray Beach.  There is a fabulous deli called Jacob's in Boynton Beach (don't know if it's safe).

We also liked the West Palm Beach Zoo, Lion Country Safari, Gumbo Limbo nature center in Boca, shops in downtown Delray Beach...we did an everglades tour but I don't know where we started.  We went to another nature center but can't remember the name where there were board walk trails to walk along (possibly passed a water park to get there). 

And well, there is always the International Swimming Hall of Fame!!!  which I know you are just dying to go to!!

GoingNuts

Yes to all of Hezz's suggestions!

Add in Loxahatchee Preserve in Boynton Beach.  You can rent kayaks and canoes, or just walk the trails.  It's one of our "must go" spots when we visit MIL.  There's also a park in Jupiter that we really like for kayaking as well, I'm blanking out on the name right now.

There's usually good theater and music at the Kravis Center in Fort Lauderdale, and a great German restaurant (again, blanking on the name - must be too early for me!) there as well.  DS was able to get a safe meal there that he loved.

Our favorite Cuban restaurant, Padrino's is in Boca, but I think they've opened others in the area.  DS has never had a problem eating there with his allergies.  :thumbsup:

I have to run off to work - I know I'll think of more later.  Congrats on the move!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

hezzier

Ok, found the other one Daggerwing Nature Center located in Boca.  There were boardwalks and trails to wander.

krasota

There's a huge Whole Foods Market there.  Beware the evil old ladies from LI, though, they are *vicious* with shopping carts.   :hiding:
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

GoingNuts

Quote from: krasota on June 25, 2013, 05:40:28 PM
There's a huge Whole Foods Market there.  Beware the evil old ladies from LI, though, they are *vicious* with shopping carts.   :hiding:
I'll have you know you are talking about my MIL.  ;D

Well, technically she's from Chicago, but she was living on LI before moving to Boca.  ;)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

SweetandSour

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

twinturbo

Snowbirds. Get used to them. I swear half of NY retires there.

At least for 6 months 1 day out of the calendar year.  ;)

SweetandSour

Thank you for suggesting whole foods. Awesome store and awesome labeling! !!

U.S.A.

~George Carlin

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview