My daughter has started wearing these allergy bracelets to school

Started by lisa27, July 16, 2013, 03:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisa27

I've started sending my daughter to school with these new bracelets I found.

She loves them and they seem to draw enough attention that the message is seen by her teacher and friends.

Has anyone else given their kids these allergy bracelets?

CMdeux

Well, my DD is 14.  So take that into consideration... LOL.

She would perish of mortification, I'm pretty sure.

She has always worn a MedicAlert bracelet, however-- since she was 14 months old, in fact.  :)
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

eragon

my son now refuses to wear anything, even the £100 engraved watch I brought him.

he is very ,very stubborn.  he wore one from 2-12 yrs then and then removed it due to being allergic to the stainless steel /nickal etc. At 17 he is fast getting to a legal age to make this choice for himself, despite paramedics asking him to wear one!
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

CMdeux

They are a really good visual reminder for teachers, coaches, and other caregivers-- very bright and visible.   :yes:

Western U.S.

starlight

While I think it'd definitely draw adults' attention, I can't even imagine wearing anything that looks like a nut on my body. Even if it has a cute face. Just looking at it makes me want to stop on it and/or set it on fire. It's like a creature from a horror movie. ::shudder::

ETA: Forgot my point, being to check with your kids before you buy something like this to make sure they're not going to have a negative visceral reaction.

Mfamom

Yeah, I don't think my ds would have worn anything with a peanut on it.  LOL 
He wore the "sports" medic alert bracelets through 3 rd grade.  He had several a sports one, a bright orange one.
Later we switched to the metal ones.  I hate the clasp on them.  for awhile, he stopped wearing it because he had to remove it for sports which was an ordeal. 
I finally took the last one in for a different clasp and its better.  he does have to remove it for sports.   
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

bleh

My daughter wears this.
http://store.allermates.com/peanutallergyband.html

We also have some normal bracelets that she can wear once she outgrows the cartoonish ones.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

twinturbo

Yes, something like that for early childhood education. In our case necessary due to developmental delay related to communication so if I could have had a Vegas edition in blinking neon lights projected in 3D the louder, the better. The transition to MedicAlert never manifested probably as he caught up developmentally he started to realize what he was wearing.

CMdeux

The ones in the OP above are very soft-- my DD and I remarked on that at the time.  They wouldn't be bothersome to even most kids with sensory issues, I'd think.

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview