Mrs. Hubbard's Cupboard

Started by SilverLining, July 18, 2013, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

We are out of almost everything, and I have to cook for 8 tomorrow.  Won't get a chance to shop.

I am thinking of using my normal Shepherd's pie recipe and cooking it in the slow cooker.

Cooked ground beef and onion, with some seasonings, beef broth (less then usual), might fry up some mushrooms to out in, top that with vegetables-frozen or canned-whatever I have...corn, beans, peas...top that with mashed potatoes.  Cook for 3 hours (have to decide high or low).  About 1/2 before serving, I'll top with shredded cheddar.

Any suggestions?  (other then "get out of the kitchen you crazy woman).

SilverLining

I followed my usual shepherds pie recipe, with less beef stock because usually in the slow cooker you end up with a lot more liquid.

It wasn't bad, but.....needed more liquid.  And the flavours didn't blend as much.  I think if I don't again, I'll add more spices then I did this time.

But, it meant I had steaming the kitchen while boiling potatoes in the am, then a cool house for dinner.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview