The Snarky Sociologist

Started by LinksEtc, August 30, 2013, 06:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinksEtc

http://www.asthmaallergieschildren.com/2013/07/30/the-snarky-sociologist/

Quotehow to respond to an article that showed up last week by Princeton sociologist Miranda R. Waggoner called "Parsing the peanut panic: The social life of a contested food allergy epidemic"*.

------

I hope you don't mind that I serial posted a few of their blog posts, but I found them interesting.

CMdeux

I'm not worried.  Pretty sure that they aren't selling anything, and either way you're not getting paid to link to them, right?

:thumbsup:

(The links are interesting!!)

I love the title of that blog.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

LinksEtc

Quote from: CMdeux on August 30, 2013, 09:46:30 PM
I'm not worried.  Pretty sure that they aren't selling anything, and either way you're not getting paid to link to them, right?

Not a penny from them or from anything to do with FA  :) .

Personally, I love that we all help each other and guests for free ... but if those that do make some $ from FA stuff have interesting ideas, I like to consider them ... that doesn't mean I endorse products or agree with everything said.

ETA - they do have a book they sell, but I have not read it and so have no comment on it.

Macabre

I loved this!

And I loved this comment below from Trish Gavankar (July 30, 2013 at 6:23 pm)

"While I would never wish food allergies, or any other life threatening disorder on anyone, clarity certainly presents itself when it is YOUR child that has food allergies. For reasons that defy explanation, children with food allergies are an acceptable target for those who wish to discriminate against this "minority". Do we have outcry over the number of people diagnosed with any other disease?
Thank you for being a voice of reason, a voice of clarity. As always, this site is an exceptional educational tool."
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview