login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Murray Cookies  (Read 1945 times)

Description: sigh, AGAIN.

Offline starlight

Murray Cookies
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
I bought a package of Murray Vanilla Cremes (sandwich cookies) at the store today. Everything looked legit. No warnings, no mention of peanuts on the package, no "peanut butter cremes" on the shelf, and it's a branch of Kelloggs.

Of course, having been burned before, I came home and looked them up online before chowing down. Murray (the non-sugar free branch at least) doesn't appear to have any peanut cookies. Yet, on the website, it says May contain traces of peanuts. http://www.murray-cookies.com/ProductDetails.aspx?product=1009&company=142

Cue angry rage because 1) went through this with Ben & Jerry's last year and 2) I've been looking for a real vanilla sandwich cookie without a peanut warning (aka not oreo, not gluten-free, not sugar free) for fifteen years and finally thought I found one. And of course, Kellogg's site is broken, won't let me send the email form, and their reps are off for the weekend.

Has anyone ever called on Murray before? Has anyone used them? Could the website be wrong? Please let the website be wrong... :pout:

Offline starlight

Re: Murray Cookies
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 08:34:12 AM »
Just got off the phone with Kelloggs. She says the package is correct, that her info says nothing about peanut traces, so the website's wrong or out of date. I'm choosing to believe her. :happydance: