MiDel

Started by anxious, September 12, 2013, 08:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anxious

Anyone use this brand with PA/TNA? I see they make Oreo type cookies. Can't find much into on them.

anxious

Although no nuts are used in the facility the cookies are not tested for tree nuts only peanuts.

With Kind Regards,
PANOS brands
Consumer Services

What does this mean? Are they safe for those with Tree nut allergies or no?

twinturbo

Here's how I would interpret the reply:

Peanut is a narrow category to test for in comparison to the variety of tree nuts. Legally tree nuts includes coconut so if they use coconut oil for example they might have a problem claiming they are tree nut free. I'm not sure how often they test for peanut or how they test and at what threshold they test at, however you do have their statement that they don't use nuts (I read this as peanuts or tree nuts) in their facility. I don't know how much more relevant manufacturing info you'll get beyond ingredients and facility. From there you get into sourcing... and that will never end.

YouKnowWho

I called Midel many moons ago and never got the warm fuzzies.  Also noted they had numerous products with egg that somehow I missed over the GF labeling after the fact (we were avoiding nuts at the time and was desperate to find a similar Enjoy Life sub that didn't have to fish out from under the make your own nut butter bar at Whole Foods, surreal).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview