Candy Blox - a lego type candy

Started by hezzier, October 01, 2013, 07:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

DS is home sick and looking through the Oriental Trading Catalog that I foolishly left out.  He found a candy that is shaped like a lego that you can build with, then eat.  Looks like it's made by Concord Confections.  Any one know anything about it?

YouKnowWho

They are made in Canada - acquired by Tootsie in 2004.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/57/57401.html

I am hesitant to order candy from OTC though because of the stupid repackaging. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

bleh

I found these at meijer awhile back. If I remember correctly it had a nut free logo on it. It was like $4 for a box and my daughter refused to eat it. She licked the blocks than built some stuff lol
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

hezzier

I wasn't planning on ordering from OTC, just happen to be in the catalog.  Thinking more of a stocking stuffer.

YouKnowWho

Quote from: hezzier on October 01, 2013, 10:51:13 AM
I wasn't planning on ordering from OTC, just happen to be in the catalog.  Thinking more of a stocking stuffer.

Sorry Hez - I didn't mean to imply you were.  It was more of a rant against OTC and rebagging of candy.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

bleh

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Blox-11-5-oz-Carton/dp/B00AZZWKLM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1380709744&sr=8-6&keywords=candy+blox

You can actually see the peanut free logo on one of the pictures.

The product description says
"Build 'em & eat 'em! Looks and plays just like traditional plastic building blocks, only better, you can eat your delicious candy creations! Produced in a facility that does not use peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, or gluten. "

Not sure how accurate that is though.

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

bleh

Yeah, I just don't know if the actual box says that. It seems like it was just a description typed in by the seller.

twinturbo

My internets search tells me that Concord Confections bought the Double Bubble brand from Tootsie, then Tootsie acquired all of Concord Confections though CC remains in Canada. Best guess is your major hurdle exactly as YKW said: repackaging and co-mingling. Candy itself is good to go because the internets don't lie.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview