login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Papa Johns Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert Not PN / TN Safe  (Read 6235 times)

Description:

Offline bleh

Papa Johns Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert Not PN / TN Safe
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »
Argh, I just noticed that Papa Johns has a new chocolate chip cookie dessert with a "Product may be manufactured in a facility that uses peanuts and tree nuts" warning. I hate papa johns but my daughter loves to have breadsticks and pizza crust from there. I think I am going to have to take them off my list.

http://www.papajohns.com/allergens/PJ-AllergenGuide-09062013.pdf

They should have just taken a container of pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough and made a large cookie pizza!
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

The J Team

Re: Papa Johns Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert Not PN / TN Safe
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »
I was going to call our local store and ask if they cook them on different pans than the pizza.  If on different pans, then I would think less of a risk?  They had this on the menu a few years ago and then took it off after a while.  It isn't the best pizza in the world but when you don't have that many options, you take what you can get!

The J Team

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
I called our local store and was told the cookies come premade and also in their own pans.  They do not use the same cutter on the cookies that they do on the pizza.  Soooo, I think we are comfortable with that risk and will just have to mention our allergy every time we call.

Liv

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »
Be careful. My friend is currently having an allergic reaction after a chance that she took. :/.

The J Team

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »
Oh no!  Not good!  I hope she is ok.  And did it happen right after she ate at Papa Johns?  Maybe we will have to rethink.  We haven't ate there since they started the stupid cookie thing.

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
The chocolate chip are on their an pans . Does not come in contact with the pizza. I always talk to manager when we get it to make sure gloves are changed before making ds pizza.

allerav

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »
Just chiming in here to say that my son had an anaphylactic reaction to Papa Johns after having eaten cheese pizza and breadsticks - items he has eaten dozens of times before.  He is allergic to nuts, eggs and sesame.  I would not be surprise if it had something to do with eggs.  So no more PJ for us.