How USA government shutdown affects recalls

Started by LinksEtc, October 04, 2013, 08:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinksEtc

http://blog.foodallergy.org/2013/10/03/important-notice-regarding-food-allergies-and-the-federal-government-shutdown/

QuoteThe information we have at this time indicates that many of the staff who are responsible for processing and distributing recall notices have been furloughed. This means that recalls will, at the very least, be delayed in distribution, and possibly will not be released at all until normal operations resume.

twinturbo

FARE sent that out in an email notice. The best I can come up with is stick with the safest brands I can think of in the meantime.  :dunno:

SilverLining

I also suggest keeping an eye on the Canadian recalls I post. 

For example, today there is a recall on Pringles chips which are imported.....so most likely the ones in the US are also affected.

LinksEtc

On that same FARE blog post, they also say

QuoteFARE has reached out to more than a dozen major food industry organizations and manufacturers asking them to contact FARE directly with any allergy recall alerts so that we can continue our service of notifying the community via email and social media.

Getting FARE updates should be helpful.

-----------------

Some political stuff ...

"House votes to fund FDA past shutdown"
http://www.massdevice.com/news/breaking-house-votes-fund-fda-past-shutdown

QuoteThe measure is unlikely to pass muster in the Senate, where majority leader Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has vowed to shoot down any proposed stop-gap funding legislation.

-----------------

A touch of snark ....

Of course, it's business as usual for us non-top8 folks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview