Halloween 2013

Started by Macabre, October 07, 2013, 11:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

We found peanut free Jelly Belly Candy Corn!! And WOW! It tastes like candy corn.  Do you remember when VNF did candy corn? Or the candy corn you had as a kid? It tastes like that.

Editing my post, because I sounded like a real jerk. :)

Jessica

Jelly Belly is on shared lines with tree nuts, in case anyone avoids those. I'm not sure which ones but I think almond and hazelnut were included. We buy sunrise candy corn from Big Lots or Family Dollar and my kids like it fine.

Also found candy corn suckers by Tootsie at Big Lots, plus the usual sixlets and American smarties.

I placed my usual $100 order at peanut free planet. Craziness.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

The only other thing I've looked at for Halloween:

Starburst has some candy corn. I bought it. It is not really like the candy corn we think of when we think of candy corn, but it tastes quite good. 

Also, I checked out the Simply Caramel bars, and they are still unsafe for peanut and egg (and I think treenut and obviously milk).

Sigh.

Jessica

My nka daughter loves that starburst candy corn.

Also, dove has some safe things.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

YouKnowWho

My kids had the Starburst Candy Corn last night - their first candy corn ever.  I could never find it nut and egg safe and figured the risk wasn't worth it but this candy corn looks very different.

They were happy campers.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

maeve

I've found big packages of Sixlets at Target.  I've picked up Tootsie Rolls, Dots, Twizzlers, Starburst.  There are a couple of others that I've picked up but I'm drawing a blank right now.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

YouKnowWho

Sixlets - and this probably needs to be started in a safe baking folder but I am tucking it in here now...

Walmart has decorator candies in the cake mix aisle that are made by Sixlets.  Lots of pearly pretty colors similar to the silver balls whose name I cannot remember...

http://sweetwise.com/edibles/edible-decorations/sixlets.html

I have not investigated and will do so and move this tomorrow.  But the Sixlets thing, ach I have been meaning to locate/post.
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

anxious

Sixlets? I was looking at their website and didn't see any info about allergen info. Are they safe for PA/TNA?

maeve

Sixlets are safe for PA, TNA, and egg allergy. It's the only chocolate candy for Halloween for my DD.

USA-Virginia

YouKnowWho

Quote from: maeve on October 10, 2013, 08:55:10 AM
Sixlets are safe for PA, TNA, and egg allergy. It's the only chocolate candy for Halloween for my DD.

They are also gluten free.

And the candy decor that I posted above fall into that category as well per their FB page!
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

maeve

Quote from: YouKnowWho on October 10, 2013, 09:54:17 AM
Quote from: maeve on October 10, 2013, 08:55:10 AM

They are also gluten free.

And the candy decor that I posted above fall into that category as well per their FB page!

That's great. We don't deal with wheat allergy or gluten sensitivity/celiac issues, so I don't read the label looking for that. However, that's good news and something I can share with family members who do have celiac/gluten intolerance.

USA-Virginia

Macabre

The candy corn Oreo's. Wow.  We love them.  It's like eating the old-fashioned frosting.

becca

Maeve, can your dd do Rolos?  And plain Hershey bars?

We have a few bags of the Jelly Belly Candy corn at our TJMaxx.  We also have some candy corn from Peanut Free Planet, Blueberry Hill Farm?  we no longer have to avoid egg in things like that.

I had thought Sixlets changed manufacturers some years ago and were no longer safe?  I had crossed them off our list.  I never checked back again, and it was ages ago.  So, I presume they are safe again?  I will have to check.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

maeve

She can do Rolos and the regular size plain Hershey bars (but not the Halloween size ones). The Sixlets are safe and have the nice peanut-free symbol on them.

USA-Virginia

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview