Food Allergy Discrimination Article

Started by tnmom, October 17, 2013, 11:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnmom

So...I was looking up some information regarding food allergy accommodations in colleges and came across this article.  Not sure if it's ever been posted here.  I know I don't have the time to do as much research as many of you amazing folks (not to mention my memory isn't what it used to be), but it seems to me this idiot has very few things actually correct here. 

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/01/08/food-allergy-discrimination-fight-justice-department-says-set-my-gluten-free/

twinturbo

He doesn't have to be correct as it's an opinion article meaning he's advocating how he feels. It would be a safe guess he 'feels' about a lot of things, know what I mean?  :yes: And by feels about a lot of 'things' I am insinuating that he goes after anything and everything that gets his dander up about leveled playing fields.

That's my opinion of his opinion. As it is he works for a partisan think tank (one whose articles I sometimes read and agree with at times, depends on how 'just the facts' the articles are) and not the DOJ. In itself that's quite telling.

CMdeux

Back in the 1960s, there was real discrimination in American colleges.

Wow.

OUCH.

So, er...  I guess all of the people who have been horrifically hounded, harrassed, and abused by virtue of their status as minorities (or the perception thereof) have just been... imagining those things ever since.

Well.  Good to know that I was hearing things in all those faculty meetings, then.

~)

The dispute was whether the university had enough gluten and allergy free "hot and cold" options in each of its cafeterias where the students eat on any given day.

Don't know where the author has been hanging out, but last I looked (and, er-- I have high school senior, so-- we've looked.  Recently) students who live as dorm residents are REQUIRED to purchase a meal plan.  R.E.Q.U.I.R.E.D.

Can you just imagine how nasty this author would be if he were required to purchase something that he could not use?    Yeah, I thought so.

This is not to minimize the problems that some students may have with food allergies.

Could have fooled me.   :coffee:  That seems to me to be EXACTLY what he was pounding on there.  "Keep your problems to yourself.  If you can't do that, go crawl in a hole somewhere."

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

I'm convinced politics is where lawyers go out to pasture when they no longer want to be held to rules of formal logic so they can run more purely on emotion and knowledge of the law. At least philosophers at their academic zenith constantly practice the art of anticipating counterargument and care more about their fallacies.

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

GoingNuts

I am just home from work, and way too tired and cranky to respond right now.

Suffice it to say that thiS peri menopausal would just loooove to have a little conversation with this dude.  :paddle:  :toothbrush:   :bonking:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview