Baked Egg Challenge

Started by MaryM, October 23, 2013, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelloww

CM, that's what I was thinking.

Sorry to hear the news. We had a fail like your ds', but the allergist called it a pass!  :insane:

I hope your dd is ok!  :grouphug:

MaryM

Quote from: CMdeux on December 09, 2013, 03:28:32 PM
vasovagal response, maybe?

What a bummer, Mary.   :grouphug:  poor kiddos, and poor MOM.

That's it CM!  I'm still a wreck.  On our way home in horrible NYC traffic.  Everyone is fine.  Kids are hungry and I don't want to eat on the road.

MaryM

Our nurse was ready to Epi but once DD was in the chair with her legs elevated her blood pressure went back up and her color came back.  She was dancing around the room within 40 minutes. If it was a reaction the dr said BP would not come back up without the Epi.  Does that make sense?  I'm exhausted and still a wreck. More about the fainting or going limp,  not sure she lost consciousness.  I feel so awful that I tripped and she face planted on the floor but I think I broke her fall bc she only has a small red bump.  I panicked and couldn't even go on the room until they said she was ok.   Really hating myself right now :(

CMdeux

A bit of wallowing is definitely in order-- what a let-down.

Just-- no self-loathing permitted.  You all had a bad day, but it was so not your fault, Mary.   :heart:  You're a good mom.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

You all walked away. Are you all home yet? Hopefully a little R&R down tempo.

MaryM

Thank you ladies  :heart:
We should be home in about 30 minutes.  Hoping for a snow day tomorrow.  The kids are fighting so all it well ;)

hezzier

Sorry it was so stressful!  I hope  the rest of your evening was uneventful.

MandCmama

So sorry:( a fail is hard enough with the added stress of a vaso vagel response- so scary :heart:
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

MaryM

Both kids are sound asleep.  I'm icing my shoulder.  I am not sure if I'll sleep tonight even though I'm exhausted.   The who thing was so scary. 

twinturbo

Watch some light entertainment on a tablet or phone or laptop with headphones if you can. On our camping nights such as this I stay up until about 2 am then figure 4-5 hours catnap wake up at 7. On the more perilous night I tag team with DH for 'round the clock. Try some Downtown or Dr. Who or Sherlock, Covert Affairs. Entertaining, episodic.

CMdeux

:yes:

I like to read escapist fiction-- something totally mindless and just passing through the brain.

Keeps me from thinking about things too much, and gives me time to wind down a bit.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Macabre

I hope you have a snow day--and that you finally got some good rest. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MaryM

I did sleep a bit and we do have a snow day!  No snow yet.  We should run to Target to get snow boots for DS.  I'm bummed the kids didn't sleep in.  Not sure how my bruised shoulder and knee will be today.

PurpleCat

How disappointing for your family.  I'm sorry.  Glad there were no problems during the night.  Enjoy your snow day!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview