FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: A Cure fort the Allergy Epidemic  (Read 2460 times)

Description: New York Times

Offline GoingNuts

A Cure fort the Allergy Epidemic
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: A Cure fort the Allergy Epidemic
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »
Interesting!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
As the comments note, though-- maybe it's not being FARM-ISH so much as something else about being AMISH.

Like a lack of plastics, etc. in homes.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

jschwab

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:43:53 PM »
As the comments note, though-- maybe it's not being FARM-ISH so much as something else about being AMISH.

Like a lack of plastics, etc. in homes.

No vaccines, either, in the Amish community. Sometimes I wonder if part of what triggered the allergies was a bad reaction I had to Rhogam vaccine. I was covered head to toe in a rash (hives?) and sick in bed for a week and not too long after I started reacting to shellfish. Hmm, that makes me wonder if PUPPS is cross-correlated with allergies? I think that's also considered an auto-immune response and I had it with one of my pregnancies. It jibes with my theory that it's something my husband introduced into my life that gave me allergies (either gut bacteria or virus but, hmmm, maybe it's literally his DNA?).