15 Year Old Girl in MA died this week

Started by hk, December 20, 2013, 08:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

They are different teens, different continents. Both tragic.

:'(

Abbie Benford died at Boston Children's Hospital on Wednesday.  She was born in Alexandria, Virginia.  She would have turned 16 December 26.  She played field hockey.

http://holliston-hopkinton.patch.com/groups/obituaries/p/services-sunday-for-hopkinton-high-student-abbie-benford-15

http://holliston-hopkinton.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/ashland-skates-in-honor-of-abbie-benford-who-died-wednesday
How very, very sad. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

She is a few months older than DS. They would have graduated the same year.  She looks beautiful and like any number of girls who are DS' buds. 

I feel so bad for her family and friends.

Jessica

OMG What is going on lately. :( there seems to have been a big cluster of allergy deaths lately. Sorry-I thought it was the same teen (hoping, i guess).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

SilverLining

Quote from: Jessica on December 20, 2013, 01:07:04 PM
OMG What is going on lately. :( there seems to have been a big cluster of allergy deaths lately. Sorry-I thought it was the same teen (hoping, i guess).

I think December is the absolute WORSE month to have food allergies.  I bet if anyone charted allergy deaths on a calendar December would always have the most

Jessica

I read rumors that she had gone through OIT and was cleared for egg. Ate it at home and reacted, epi didn't work. This is all speculation and/or rumors.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

CMdeux

Oh I certainly hope not.  How hideously awful for her family if true.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Jessica

It would be devastating if it were true. I read a facebook post where someone said they're a member of a group for people going through OIT and it was posted there.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Jessica

This was posted on a nut allergy group on facebook. She didn't explain where she got the information.

Abbie Benford ate a hard boiled egg at home last Saturday. She had been "desensitized" to egg in September. Had anaphylaxis. Epipen used, didn't work. Cardiac arrest. Was medflighted to Boston. Possibly brain dead. Was in Boston Children's Hospital for a couple of days in intensive care and died there. Funeral tomorrow. No other details.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

hk

Quote from: Jessica on December 22, 2013, 12:01:39 AM
This was posted on a nut allergy group on facebook. She didn't explain where she got the information.

Abbie Benford ate a hard boiled egg at home last Saturday. She had been "desensitized" to egg in September. Had anaphylaxis. Epipen used, didn't work. Cardiac arrest. Was medflighted to Boston. Possibly brain dead. Was in Boston Children's Hospital for a couple of days in intensive care and died there. Funeral tomorrow. No other details.

Heartbreaking.  There are no words. 

becca

Ugh.  How tragic.  She was not very far from where I live.  A year older than dd. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Jessica

The person that posted it said it hasn't been said if it was OIT or another form of desensitization.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview