Chicken broth/beef broth

Started by Princess Cheese, January 03, 2014, 08:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cheese

What brand do you use?  I need to to be safe for PA/TNA/Shellfish/Fish

Also if a recipe calls for Cream of --- something soup, what brand do you use?  I don't feel comfortable using Campbell's.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Jessica

Not sure about how they are irt fish/shellfish but I started using Kitchen Basics broth. For the cream of whatever soup,  I use Great Value.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

candyguru

We use Imagine brand (at Whole Foods & Loblaws).  Many varieties have gluten-free and dairy-free labels.  Seem very good at labelling.  Never called them.
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

YouKnowWho

If I need a cream of soup, I google around to find a recipe we can use.  Most pre-made are not safe for my gluten/egg allergic child or if it's safe for him, it's not safe for the peanut allergic child.  They are relatively easy to make but just take an extra few steps.

We use Progresso or Kitchen Basics.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Macabre

See my allergies below. We use Imagine No-Chicken Broth and their No-Chicken bouillon.

I need cream of something soup about once or twice a year, and I keep a couple of cans of Amy's Cream of Mushroom on hand for those times. It's a bit more expensive, but I can totally justify it. :) Amy's food is vegetarian. No shellfish on site!  They do use sesame, but it's one of the few companies that labels very well for sesame.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Princess Cheese

Macabre, where do you buy your bullion?  Would Walmart or HyVee have it?  we don't have a Whole Foods, Trader Joes or anything like that around here.

2 girls & 3 boys <3

YouKnowWho

You can check Walmart in the organic soup selections.  I find our grocery stores (Walmart) and the other tend to have these brands in either a section by themselves with the other organic foods or on a top shelf.
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

Macabre

We used to find it at Kroger. Now we are in Minnesota we are shopping at stores that are only here.

I would try what YKW suggested.

PurpleCat

I use College Inn.  DD is peanut, tree nut and shellfish....but not fish.....  They don't make a fish broth that I know of...you might want to call.  I use beef, chicken and vegetable.

maeve

I use Kitchen Basics for broth. I have to admit we use Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom (used at holidays to make green bean casserole). Otherwise, we don't purchase soup.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Princess Cheese

I can't find the one everyone is talking about. :(
But I did find this brand, has anyone ever used it or called on it?
http://www.fullcirclefoods.com/Home.aspx

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Macabre

The reason I don't trust most cream of something soups is that i worry about shellfish XC.

YouKnowWho

Quote from: Princess Cheese on January 08, 2014, 05:29:54 PM
I can't find the one everyone is talking about. :(
But I did find this brand, has anyone ever used it or called on it?
http://www.fullcirclefoods.com/Home.aspx

Walmart does carry Kitchen Basics - it's boxed broth (top shelf).  If you search, you can find recipes to make cream of whatever based on your broth. 
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

Jessica

Our walmart doesn't have it. They only have Great Value (which I consider safe for pn and tn if it's not labeled with a warning but it's not as good as kitchen basics and their boxes are always dented beyond recognition) and Swanson.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

SilverLining

For broths I use OXO.

For cream of _______ I use Campbell's.  Is there something about them I don't know?  I don't know that I've called, but I've never had a problem.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview